>Hi Dan, I've studied composition formally I guess (does umpteen years of
>art school count?) and read a number of books on the topic. Since I teach
>art and photo now and again I try to keep up with the topic. Any particular
>reason or just curious? Jim

Hi Jim,

Both, I guess. I'm coming up on 6 months with my camera, and in the process
have acquired way more gear than I'd intended. Looking at the photos I've
taken, they look a little boring, and another lense isn't going to fix
that. Composition seems like the logical place to start.

I took one intro class in it many years ago (in the art portion of an ad
art program) and I've been feeling the urge to refresh and perhaps go a
little deeper. Plus, talking to my non-pentaxian friends, most seem
infinitely more willing to invest $$ upgrading the gear in front of their
eye instead of the gear behind it, and I was wondering if that was common
trait among photographers or just among the people I hang out with. ;-)

Anyway, if you could direct me toward some good reference works, I'd be
most grateful.

Thanks,

Dan Scott
[EMAIL PROTECTED]