To Expand on your comments Bill (Willie, Snowfield, Wheatfield,
William, or whoever you are this week), <grin>

An interesting fact is that we who grew up when the great photo
essay magazines (Life, Look, etc.) were still major publications
saw thousands of really good photographs.  Some of it had to rub
off.  It's sad that younger people didn't have that opportunity.

I feel that photographic composition is a matter of seeing. If
you look at enough good pictures you are going to pick it up by
osmosis.  We that live in big cities also have public libraries
that have hundreds of books of photography and art we can
browse.  I think this, far more than learning a few sterile
rules, leads to interesting composition.
--Tom

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.