Did I say I was going to buy it first? I'm compelled (or, as you put it, COMPELLED) to
try it out before making any judgements. I'm compelled to try it out to see how it
feels, to see if the AF works as well as I suspect it does, to see if it's as
ergonomic in design as other Pentax offerings I own, to see if the build quality is as
described.

And I'm compelled to to try it out in the same way I am compelled to pick up and look
through, focus, =feel= many cameras I run across. We have an old Nikon F2 in the
museum that the planetarium guys use in their work. I had it out the other day to
check it out. I've been compelled to examine F5's , Minoltas, EOS models, old Kodak
folders, Rolleiflex TLR's, a WWII era aircraft 4X5, and dozens of other bodies,
because I am curious about cameras and interested in them.

Now that Pentax has announced a new camera that sounds like something I might want to
add to my set of photographic tools, I am compelled to examine it and decide if the
features and feel it offers will fit into my daily life, a good portion of which
revolves around the use of a camera.

And =I= will decide what I need and don't need, thanks.

Doug

At 11:58 PM -05002/13/01, dosk caused thus to appear:

--
Douglas Forrest Brewer
Ashwood Lake Photography