From: "Doug Brewer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 12:33 AM
Subject: Re: OT: Fasten seatbelts: MZ-S price!!

> Did I say I was going to buy it first? I'm compelled (or, as you put it,
COMPELLED) to try it out before making any judgements. I'm compelled to try
it out to see how it feels, to see if the AF works as well as I suspect it
does, to see if it's as ergonomic in design as other Pentax offerings I own,
to see if the build quality is as described.

> And I'm compelled to to try it out in the same way I am compelled to pick
up and look through, focus, =feel= many cameras I run across. We have an old
Nikon F2 in the museum that the planetarium guys use in their work. I had it
out the other day to check it out. I've been compelled to examine F5's ,
Minoltas, EOS models, old Kodak folders, Rolleiflex TLR's, a WWII era
aircraft 4X5, and dozens of other bodies, because I am curious about cameras
and interested in them.

> Now that Pentax has announced a new camera that sounds like something I
might want to add to my set of photographic tools, I am compelled to examine
it and decide if the features and feel it offers will fit into my daily
life, a good portion of which revolves around the use of a camera.