Re;

>Is that okay with you?
>
> Tell me why it's so curious that I've decided to actually test drive the
MZ-S before passing any serious judgement on it....

Whether or not it's "okay" with me makes no difference, does it? The thing I
picked up on was your original choice of wording;- "compelled" to get it...
(Wording which I see you are now lowering in intensity.) And I am curious as
to why you picked those exact words?  And I am not critisizing you. Please!
I myself have some of these very same feelings...!

However I am coming to believe that our world is becoming more and more
controlled by those who create obsessive demands for, manufacture, and then
sell products. (Especially the entertainment and toy industries.)  What I am
amazed about here (in Pentaxia) is the absolute frenzy that seems to be
generated on this list by the simple fact of a corporation producing a new
toy....
As someone has already said, it's a camera, not a religion. (Or is it?)

Someone else has also said here (and in approval, not jest, I believe), that
one's machines (alright, a car, they said) soon become the subject of
adoration and worship.
I find that sad, and somewhat foreboding. I am wondering,  how will it  be
when TC's rule the world?  (TC's = Transnational Corporations, not
tele-converters!)

Anyway, I thought my initial poem/complaint about it (did any here recognize
it as a poem?) was pretty good! (Even if no one else did.) And I will use it
(albeit slightly modified) in a new book I am working on. I consider prose
and poetry about the cultural and social dangers of the new Consumerite
religions and the sad doctrines of their high (CEO) priests, to be far more
pertinent and up to date than the (by now) moldy tackiness of Monty
Python... (Whom I loved when they first came out, but grew tired of after
the 600th episode.)

I've no wish to offend anyone here. I do think that Pentax, after all, does
make the best SLR cameras I've ever used. But I could live without (several
of?) them. (Really I could...) But also I thought this was a forum for
photographers (hobbyists or otherwise) who used Pentax equipment because
they liked it, and not because they worshipped it...

Anyway, IMO all of this does make for good discourse, as it is enlightening
to me. The TC's already seem to know how to capture our minds, and now
they're going after our souls!   (And no, I myself am not particularly
religious. Just scared for my grandchildren...)

Greywoulf. Dosk. Skip (Take your pick...)