----- Original Message -----
From: "Pål Jensen"
Subject: Re: *ist D price issues (WAS: Re: *Ist focusing issues)

> REPLY:
> There's nothing wrong with the product if it had been a Canon or a Sigma.
The problem with the *ist D is that they won't market it as usual and the
fact that it doesn't say Pentax. The cameras face isn't Pentax at all. A
Canon perhaps or a Sugma maybe. From the front the camera looks entry level
but cost $1500. The prism design, which defines the cameras face, has not a
single clue of Pentax design. Almost every Pentax ever, perhaps everyone,
have had unique design clues that makes it possible to identify the brand.
Not the *ist D. In other words, the camera won't sell itself on identity,
and this is more important than most think as first impression are always
looks. So Pentax better market it heavily cause it won't stand out at the
shelves, or better, redesign the body particularly the prism face.

I thought you said it was designed to look like a Nikon, an F80, if I am not
mistaken.
You even mentioned it looked like a Pronea, I believe.

Now it looks like a Canon, or Sigma?

Sheesh, what will it look like next?

William Robb