Don,

I haven't gotten the impression that very many are jumping with
delight.  There are a few, but mostly what I hear is disappointment in
the mount compatibility - especially with the *ist D.  One thing that
I haven't heard much about that concerns me is the manual interface.
It appears that it works much like a ZX-50 or 30.  Which means there
really is only one dial to spin.  That changes shutter speeds.  To
change apertures, you have to hold in a button and spin the same dial.
I have tried that and REALLY disliked it.  Perhaps people attracted to
it will rarely shoot it in manual mode?

Bruce