Roland,

The fact that a lot of cameras have a crappy manual interface doesn't
make me like it any better.  If you are going to control the aperture
from the body, you need a separate dial from the shutter dial - like
the PZ-1p.

That interface is a major reason I will not be getting an *ist - even
though I originally budgeted for one.  I ended up getting an MX
instead.  Oh, well - to each his own.

Bruce