Lon, USM is the rinfg motor, IS is image stabiliztion. IS is one of
those things you just have to try to appreciate.

Handholding a 300mm, shooting at 1/60, and getting sharp images is a
good thing. Tripods aren't always usable.

My 70-200/2.8 IS should be here in time for this weekend's
gig...thanks Mark!

tv