> Actually there is a camera which is quite a direct rival to the MZ-S -
> Minolta Dynax 7.

I don't agree. Dynax 7 is a very different camera, built with a very
different philosophy.

> It has weaknessess but it also has several strong
> advantages over the MZ-S

Agreed. Still, for me, the advantages of the MZ-S are more important than
those of the Dynax 7 (that's why I bought the latter :-)

> and it's significantly cheaper than the latter...

That's the biggest advantage (especially in Poland where the MZ-S is
outrageously expensive).

Disclaimer - I'm not saying the Dynax 7 is a bad camera. I'm saying that I
prefer the MZ-S.

Regards,
Lukasz