Well I've got the cape, and I did feel the force of the dark side (oops
sorry, you said dark slide!) for a long while, but then Pentax brought
out a DSLR called the Yoda*ist, which saved me from the evil Canon Trade
Federation for now!

I love the mechanics of some of the LF cameras, from an engineering POV,
but nothing in me wants to use one I am afraid.

Sounds like exciting times for you though!  The film darkroom has a
special quality, which the digital darkroom cannot hold a candle too.