Bill said:"Tanya, that is bullshit. What it means is that you shoot an extra
couple of rolls of film on any given job to get the number of hits you
need,"

- that is exactly what I *do* do now Bill, it sucks though, cause I really
wish that I could be confident that I could open the package straight from
the lab and know that it would be ok if my client was sitting over my
shoulder looking at them as I was, and not feel that I need to "hide" any
from them...

"increase your prices to compensate the extra material cost, and get on with
life."

- easier said then done.  I feel really bad expecting people to pay for my
mistakes, so generally, I just "wear" it, and hope that I continue to
improve...

"When your hit percentage increases to where you want it to be, which is
unreralistic at the moment, but you'll either figure that out on your own,
or you'll slit your wrists, you can cut back on the amount of film you have
to shoot,"

- but as Tom said "anything less than 100% means that I am incompetent" as a
photographer.  What do you (and others) think IS a realistic goal to aim
for?

"raise your prices again because you are a better photographer, and put the
extra money towards something nice."

- like, maybe a certain DSLR and then, I could shoot as much as I wanted
without regard to cost?!? ;-)

" At least thats what I think anyway."

- thanks for your thoughts Bill, they are both appreciated and respected.  I
will never turn down genuine constructive criticism and always take it as it
in the nature that it is intended.

tan.