In part, just my point.  There's no longer any need to learn
anything for some people.  The newer cameras feed right into
that mindset.  ergo, one needn't know anything about
photography, light, exposure, dof, etc., to make a
photograph these days. Of course, that's not true of anyone
on this list, who are all dedicated to getting the best
results from their cameras, and have spent a reasonable time
learning the fundamentals.