>In a message dated 3/27/2004 10:29:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Hmmm ... You can "tool" the pics yourself in PS 7.0.  I'll
have to check PS 6.0 to see if there's any difference.  But
I do all the sizing, cropping, etc before hand, then using
S4W the file size and resolution are adjusted (not the image
dimensions).  Maybe elements is different than PS.

>shel

Off-hand I can't go through the different reduction schemes without looking
at the menus (I don't have it on the top of my head), but they all use
(re)sampling techniques and some are better than others. I tend to use the best one
that has the less loss and may create bigger files as a result. I am now going
to have to do reduction looking at resultant file size as well as pixel
dimensions and see what trade offs I need to make.

If someone wants to go into the more technical details -- feel free.

Marnie aka Doe