[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
"...A friend of mine who is a more serious shooter does not want to go digital because he does not want the learning curve that goes with it. He wants to focus on photography instead of computer software. ... Not everybody wants to go competely digital. And until everyone wants to deal with the whole digital issue, film will continue to be an option...."

Thank you for speaking my mind. Learning all the new digital technical "stuff" is completely unappealing to me, not to mention the thousands of hours and dollars I'd have to spend becoming competent with it. Digital also seems masochistic to me considering film and printing it are things I'm good at and enjoy doing and which also provide me a good living - not one editor I work with gives a hoot whether the image he wants of mine is film or digital. If digitally capturing images excites you and will do something for your photography have at it!