>From what I see, Mr. Robb, you live outside of the USA, and I'd suggest
that what you are seeing and experiencing is relative to your market and
those in similar situations.

Here in the hinterlands of California, as well as the larger creative hubs
such as los Angeles and San Francisco, film is very much alive.  Why just
last week I shot a roll and am waiting for it to come back from the drug
store.  My clients are quite excited knowing that tomorrow may be the day.
I shall amble across town, which is just a few short blocks, and have an
ice cream soda at the fountain while the young lad behind the photo counter
gets the prints.

On Tuesday I shall drive to San Francisco and do some studio work using
both a digital setup and a standard Hasselblad, and later in the day I will
take my niece to the beach where she will use her very own film camera to
continue a project photographing the beach.  All of the students in her
class, of which there are about twenty, are using film.

I think film is far from dead, far from dying.  Digital is getting a lot of
attention, and may decimate if not destroy film some day.  Yet from San
Francisco to Singapore, in every city to which I've travelled, there seems
to be a lot of people using film and regular cameras.

Jerry Todd
Dancing Frog Studios
Calavera, California