Subject: Re: Pro cameras again.....SHEESH. was: Re: New Guy

Meaning then that according to your standards, the LX isn't a "pro" camera
either?
I mean, just to be clear, this got underway because of the claim that the LX
was the last 35mm pro camera Pentax made, and my opinion that the PZ-1 and PZ-
1p also qualify.
If it's your opinion that the company has to stand behind it and therefore
there's no such thing as a Pentax 35mm pro camera, okay, I understand your
reasoning.

The nice thing about this subject is that it is purely opinion based. Your opinion is just as correct as anyone elses.
The LX was definitely a pro camera, at the time, it was as good as or better than anything else out there, and the company stood behind the thing.
The engineering difficulties certainly got in the way of the LX.

Of course the company has to stand behind the product. Pro stuff gets used hard, and is prone to being damaged just by the amount of handling it gets.
Having a camera break down, and then having it disappear into the maw of the repair shop for half a year is no way to garner respect.

William Robb