pcn> at this time. Practice can't necessarily make a photographer
pcn> great, but it will allow a photographer to optimize his or her
pcn> skills within the limits of his or her capabilities. No
pcn> photographer should ever think that he's shooting too much. But
pcn> he should always ask himself if he's thinking enough.
pcn> Paul

Another gem :) wrt one's capabilities - if one is taking photography
seriously, he/she should be interested in advancing his vision as well
- as you say "thinking". Peer review is very important, as well as
review from somebody with much more experience and insight - a
photography guru. I am self-learned, but I had the luck to have some
good photographers around me, from several genres, but I know I have
to advance a lot more - you can't always tell your own limits. That's
what a good photography school is good for, not only the contacts you
get (which are of course important, especially in a very small market like
the Czech republic is).

Good light!
           fra