The time spent processing digital has proved to be a boon for me, at least in
regard to magazine work. When I was shooting film I was able to submit an
expense report for film and processing. When those funds were reimbursed, they
merely replaced money that had been taken out of my pocket. Now I can submit an
expense report for digital processing, and that's money in my pocket. I
generally charge about what I used to spend on film and processing. Usually
about $180 for a one day shoot. I can process the work from a one day shoot in
about two hours.
Paul