Well, not really.
The title is more than a little misleading - although there's only
a single 'pixel', the value at that pixel is recorded some 30,000
different times, with a different optical transform of the source
being applied each time.  Then they apply a reconstruction algorithm
to find the most probable original source image.
So what we have, basically, is a lossy compression algorithm.  Even
assuming the recorded 'pixel' value is no larger than the pixels of
the original image (which I rather doubt) the compression ratio is
around 30:1.  While that's not to be sneezed at, it comes at the
cost of significant degradation in image quality, judging by the
example image shown in the quoted article.