From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Paul Stenquist
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:55 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: File size of scanned 6x7 neg

What your common sense says is incommunicable. Compressed size isn't
file size if you're trying to tell someone what size file you require
to make a print. It's only relevant to your hard drive requirements.
The size of the file when it's open in PhotoShop is file size. If you
compressed it as a jpeg, it would be yet a different size. There's no
standard when compression sizes are cited. Working file size is the
only reference that is meaningful.
Paul