But Bob, the compressed size is not the actual file size, it's essentially
just the size of the package into which the file itself has been placed and
stored.  I have a very large down comforter that is placed in a storage bag
during the summer months.  This compresses the comforter and allows for
easier, more convenient storage.  However, when the comforter is removed
from the storage bag it returns to it's original large size.  If someone
asks me the size of the comforter I give them the actual dimensions, not
the compressed size that's in the storage bag.

I heartily agree with Paul ... your common sense seems to have caused a
gross misunderstanding in this thread, and you are mistaken about what
constitutes the actual file size.

Shel