Bob Shell wrote:
> On Oct 19, 2006, at 6:30 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
>
>> How one stores files is beside the point. However, when speaking of
>> what file size is required for a 13 x 19 print, common sense dictates
>> that one would cite the actual, uncompressed size of the file. The
>> compressed size is totally irrelevant.
>
> Sorry, but my common sense says file size is actual file size.
>
> Bob

The problem is the the compressed file size is irrelevant to what size
print you can make from it, as it varies by image rather than solely by
resolution and colour depth. Uncompressed file size is directly relevant
to what you can do with the file, so it's a far more useful measure for
anything beyond how many images you can fit on a disk.

-Adam