> Fra: "Digital Image Studio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> On 03/01/07, DagT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I agree. They should have low and frequency- and current-independent
> > impedance within the range suitable for the speakers and amplifier, and the
> > easy way to achieve this is to make them thick.  My cables are constituted
> > by two pairs of fairly thick wires positioned so that they make a
> > quadropole.  I think the idea is that they make a very simple coaxial cable
> > which does not generate to large external field, but the most important
> > thing is that they can get a lot of current through without rising the
> > resistance. I think my amplifier is capable of pulses at 8A and I'm sure
> > the cables can take a lot more than that.
>
> My speakers are magneto-planar and so present a fairly resistive 5 ohm
> load but they are very inefficient so require a lot of power.
> Thankfully the mono-blocks that I use to drive them will deliver lots
> and lots of power into a loads as low as 0.6 ohms. And in order to
> minimize the system impedance so that I can make the most of the very
> low damping factor of my amps I run a short 1m length of old Supra
> 10mm2 cable, it keeps the bass tight ;-)

.-)
I knew a guy who had something like that, and he claimd that he could see the
effect of the volume control on the power meter he had for his house.  In his
case it helped to turn on the stereo if when the house was cold in the winter.

If I wasn't before I'd certainly be convinced now I don't need new cables...

DagT