frank theriault wrote:
> On 1/3/07, Tom C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Just one side point... neither purgatory or a burning hell are taught by the
>> Bible. So yes a strange, in fact, false logic.<snip>
>
> Indeed!
>
> The concept of purgatory is Roman Catholic dogma (perhaps other
> Christian sects believe in it, I don't know).  What has Catholicism
> ever had to do with the Bible?
>
> cheers,
> frank, recovering catholic

Purgatory is inferred from one of the Deuterocanonical books (the 7
books of the Old Testament written in Greek that come from the
Septaguint Canon of the old testament which was in common use until
300AD and is sill used by Catholic and Orthodox churches, but aren't in
the Alexandrian Canon of the Old Testament used by most Protestant
Churches). The basis is biblical, but something of a stretch.

-Adam