I'm sorry to say this: Couldn't agree more ;-)

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
William Robb
Sent: 8. februar 2007 00:35
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: NO FS this Friday?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Øsleby"

My statement came out too strong. My experience is limited.
I should have said _I_ find nothing wrong with the legacy lenses I have
_tried_.
I think the point remains. We tend to uncritically assume that new I better.

If by legacy lenses, you mean pre-AF, then there may be criteria outside of
hard optical properties to consider.
If you want/need AF, then legacy lenses are not as good. If you want/ need
programmed AE or shutter preferred automatic, then pre A lenses are not as
good. If you want/ need aprerture preferred automatic, and the green button
version of AE doesn't walk your dog, then pre A lenses are not as good.
This has nothing to do with being uncritical regarding newer equipment.
After that, it is really up to the individual to make a decision regarding
what is better for him or her.

William Robb