Anthony,

I don't know where you live, but around here we throw politicians out
when they insist on imposing their will on us.  Don't expect any of
them to run on a platform of more public transit.  Remember what
Marnie wrote.  To paraphrase, the biggest, newest transit system in
the US is a pain in the ass as soon as you have to take a bus to get
to the station.  You're swimming up stream here!

And don't pick on the Federal Reserve analysts.  Part of their mission
is to illuminate public policy choices.

And Bob W., I agree with Margret Thatcher.  You've got to stop slumming...

Regards,  Bob S.