On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Bob Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Subash,
> Thanks for the perspective from your part of the world.
> I respect your opinion.  Talk to me again after 20 years of auto sales. :-)

Bob, second pass...

actually, automobiles here *were* a luxury. this kind of easy
availability of cheap loans and almost picking the car of your choice
off the shelves became widely prevalent here about 10 or so years ago.
the reason i switched to the motorcycle from a car, in 2003, to
commute to office was precisely because the roads had become a
nightmare to negotiate (of course personal comfort levels with traffic
may vary). a motorcycle was more handy and i've always been a
motorcycle person. five years more down the line, with roads remaining
more or less the same size and the number of cars having increased
exponentially, it has only got worse. i can only see the metro rail
getting more and more attractive. unless they find ways to broaden the
roads by at least 200%. and i can't see that happening in our cities.
twenty years, who knows?

regards, subash