Subash,
Thanks for the perspective from your part of the world.
I respect your opinion.  Talk to me again after 20 years of auto sales. :-)
Your cities are a lot bigger than ours, also with more population density.
Chicago is only 9 million people and the 3rd biggest in the US.
They said Mumbai was 18 million in the recent news casts.
The more you have a concentrated population density, and it works better.
We need about 5,000 people per square mile to make the light rail (cheapest)
alternative work here.  There are 15 square miles of appropriate population
density in the 200 square miles of the city of Chicago.
Regards,  Bob S.