Frits wrote:

> I have never seen a MZ-S real life, but it would make sense to me the
> writing is done during the film transport immediately after taking the
> exposure.
>Waiting to print during rewind would require the storage of the
> data in memory for all shots, and think about the additional hassle for mid
> roll changes.

This make no sense. It is imprinting on rewind that make mid roll change and roll
number count totally hassle free. Think of what happens: every time you open the back
door of your camera the memory is getting cleared. This mean that you can reload a
film 36 times if you like and the camera will only imprint those images you shot after
you relaoded the film cause thats all thats in the memory. You need memory anyway if
you don't use a row of emmiters that fires simultaneously during exposure (something
thats impossible anyway cause theres no way you could have made sure that the data is
imprinted between the sprocket holes). After all, you need a sprocket hole sensor
separated from the data emmiter something tha means that there will be a time delay
between exposure, sprocket hole sensoring and data imprinting. Memory is needed
anyway.

Pål