Bill, KG4LOV
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Bill wrote:
>

> > There was a thread recently about MZ-S data imprinting and whether it
was
> > done at time of exposure or during rewind.  I can now answer the
question.
> > At work tonight, I put the MZ-S in our dark box, opened the back and
removed
> > about half a roll.  Stuck it in the film processor and when it exited,
the
> > exposure data was where it was supposed to be.  Therefore, the MZ-S
imprints
> > the exposure data at the time of exposure.
>

> This can't be. I don't know what you did but what you describe is
impossible.

Sorry Paal, but it can be and it is possible.

I placed the MZ-S and a 126 holder in a dark box.  I opened the back of the
MZ-S, cut the film at the cassette and pulled the film off the take-up
spool.  I then rewound the film, put it in the 126 holder and inserted it
into our C-41 processor.  When the film exited the processor, all of the
exposure data was imprinted normally and in the proper place between the
sprocket holes.

Bill, KG4LOV
[EMAIL PROTECTED]