On Mar 13, 2010, at 5:44 AM, Adam Maas wrote:

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Tanya Love <tanyal...@bigpond.com> wrote:
I TOTALLY agree! And this is why there are so many "pros" floating around
places like Facebook who boast the following:

"I am an available light photographer, who conveniently comes to you or your
chosen location..."

Translated to meaning - "I am a mum who bought myself a camera and can take ok photos and add a vignette or two in PS Elements. Have no idea how to use flash, and can't afford to buy the stuff anyways, and can't afford a studio
either".

I have a real bee in my bonnet about this new "breed", don't get me started!

t.x.

Well, there are those of us who know how to use a strobe, can get
quite good results with one and still loathe the things.

I'm one of those.

I've got a nice little collection of speedlights and strobes and will
use them if absolutely necessary, but if I can get the shot without
them I will.

Strobes are a tool, just like a hammer.
"Nailing the shot" is a metaphor, not instructions.