From: Steven Desjardins
I use canned air.  It's pretty fast so unless your battery is nearly
dead you should be able to pull it off before the mirror comes back.
Obviously, don't get the tube so close to the sensor that the
cryogenic liquid actually collects on the surface of the sensor.
Also, if something were to get in there larger than dust you could
blow it around hard enough to nick the sensor.  Also be sure you don't
accidently grab the WD-40.

Problems with canned "air" as I understand them can be threefold:

1. If you are ham-handed and get the propellant on the sensor it can leave a sticky residue that attracts more dust. I HAVE SEEN this one, and am just glad it was NOT ME who effed it up.

2. Some canned "air" uses a solvent propellant that will etch the surface if you get it on there.

3. Too high pressure may damage the sensor surface.

According to one site, the sensor has an IR filter over it, so you don't damage the actual sensor, just the IR filter - which may (??) be replaceable without replacing the sensor. Might not cost as much?

Still whatever the cost, it's too high if you have to both pay and admit you did something stupid. Sometimes the social costs are more than the actual dollar charge.

Plus, you're deprived of your camera until it comes back from repair.