I agree with you as a working professional, Tanya. Work one is doing for a client, or on spec., is certainly different than the work an artsy-fartsy photographer does (like me). With few exceptions, if it doesn't meet the clients expectations or is not special to you for your own portfolio, trash it.

Making that point was a friend of mine who only shot Kodachrome 135. In her living room were three big silver trash cans (like they use on stage in "Stomp!"), two of which were filled to overflowing with mounted slides. Her keepers were in a shoebox sized wooden slide storage box. I used to keep my keepers in a 3 ring binder tucked into the pockets of transparency pages. Until I tried to remove a few for projecting some years ago and found quite a few stuck to the plastic. Took a long time to remove them all, and quite a few were toast.