On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 06:15:07PM -0400, David J Brooks wrote:
> Walter, I keep just about everything i shoot, unless its totally OOF
> then i'll delete it.

I regard deleting digital images much as I would regard shredding negatives;
it's an irreversible step, and one that offers no real benefits.

Nowadays disk space costs $100 or less for a Terabyte. $50 worth of
hard drive space will hold more images than you will probably take
during the life of a $500 camera.  Optical media (DVDs) are cheaper
still - $40 or less gets you a Terabyte - but without the speed and
convenience of directly-addressable near-line storage.

Double the price, of course - everything should be replicated on
multiple drives (and, if you're serious, kept at multiple sites).
But even so I don't think deleting images is worth doing. If you
never delete images it makes it harder to accidentally delete the
wrong one.