On May 18, 2011, at 12:44 AM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> BTW: face detect AF on the G1 was actually quite useful for a good bit
> of my people shooting. I wouldn't dis a camera for having it, but
> neither would I go out of my way to get it. It's much like video: nice
> to have, occasionally useful ...

It's funny when video comes in useful.  The beeb is doing an episode of a show
on a friend of mine that does really cool sculptures:
http://bathsheba.com

And they need a couple of short clips of her working at her studio here, the
rest of the episode will be shot in Boston where she spends the other half of
her year.  I used the video on the K-5 to do it and she gave me a couple of her
sculptures for pay.

If I was doing this professionally, there are about a zillion aspects of my kit
today that just wouldn't fly, but the image quality is orders of magnitude
better than what I can get with my DVC camcorder.