> But what on a still camera? I'm afraid I still want the manual focus on
> a camera like this. Maybe if they release an X100 version with
> interchangeable manual focus lenses (M mount? not gonna happen) then
> I'll look again....

The difference is that on a still camera, you do not do focus pulls.
You focus and make a single or sequence of exposures. A *good* focus
by wire system is perfectly fine for this, in my experience, where on
a video camera it makes doing the work impossible. The difference
between a manual focusing helicoid and a servo-helicoid lens for a
still camera simply means a different technique is used to adjust the
focus.

The focusing mechanism is not the reason why I found the X100 underwhelming. :-)

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com