On 22/09/2011 10:10 AM, Tom C wrote:

No doubt she hasn't, but one can infer to some degree from the specs.
Really, just about any modern digital camera on the market has
*acceptable* image quality within a certain set of parameters. My
Canon S90 and G10 which have small sensors have excellent image
quality for the shooting circumstances and purposes for which I use
them. Compared to my NEX-5 their limitations easily become evident.
I'm sure the Q will also produce excellent images within a defined set
of parameters.

I suspect the Q will be completely adequate in the good light conditions that most travel photos are made with.

The issue to now was how an $800 camera with such a small sensor would
fair against similar 4/3 and APS-C offerings that have similar or even
lower price points. The answer will no doubt be that it's a nice
camera, but not alot of bang for the buck (at $800) compared to some
of the competition.

Tom C.

It really depends on how you base your decisions, doesn't it.
the things that hold me back from the Q are it's size (it's too small for my hands) and my preference for viewfinders. If the Q had a next generation EVF along with it's next generation sensor, I would probably have bought one a few days ago.

--

William Robb