On 5/21/2012 20:24, steve harley wrote:
having recently sat in an Audi S3 while a friend did some rather
dramatic driving in central Washington, DC, i think some people find an
urban benefit for massive acceleration …

but most probably don't, and in that the analogy to cameras is probably apt

Well, I suppose that a proper race driver can even do this with certain degree of safety. Such drivers would probably buy this Nikon D800 'cause they actually know how to drive it.

in my friend's case, i worry for him and i do wish he drove a slower car

Please pass to your friend my wishes for his safety.

Boris