On Jun 2, 2012, at 12:11 PM, Collin Brendemuehl wrote:

> But then again, there is the prospect of off-line storage.
> 3T USB3 units are available for about $150 now.
> Just fill it up and put it in the safe.

Yep, big USB drives are great.  I have a pair of 2Tb USB2 drives for my photo
files.  I keep one on the desk and the other in the garage.  Once a week I'll
bring the garage one in and do a Time Machine sync to it, and copy across any
updated photo files from the other drive.

The reason I keep the second drive in the garage is to keep me covered in case
the house burns down...

I'm hoping that Apple makes it easier to run multiple Time Machine backups like
this, without having to reconfigure it to use each drive in turn.  It's not a
big deal but I do like to encourage good paranoid backup processes.

Dave