As a curious (perhaps pointless) counter-example: I've got some
software on oiled paper-tape that is going to outlast the DC600 tapes,
floppies, CDs, DVDs and harddrives that it's been migrated to over the
years.

Not that there's going to be much actual call for my copies of PDP8/e
Focal or OS8.

I just have to keep my Teletype reader serviced and I'm all set.

--
-bmw