David Parsons wrote:

>It's very easy to do handheld panorama shots if you are doing
>landscapes where there isn't something close to you that will shift
>with parallax.

Another good trick is, if there are any objects close you that might
cause parallax problems, compose panoramas that put these objects all
the way to the right or left so that they don't overlap consecutive
frames. http://www.robertstech.com/galleries/nh2012/7dc0321417.html
This was made from 4 shots, hand-held (I was shooting with my Sony
A850 and held the camera horizontally rather than vertically because I
decided 4 thousand pixels height would be sufficient for any prints I
would be likely to make).

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com