Doug,

I had not seen your response until today.
Thanks for sharing that, it's helpful.

Igor

Wed Oct 2 10:39:43 EDT 2013
Doug Brewer wrote:

Igor,

I came to Kirk and Arca Swiss from the regular Bogen/Manfrotto QR plates
many of us start with. There wasn't a lot of auditioning different
plates; I got a couple of ball heads, one on a Gitzo leg set and another
for my ancient Bogen 3021 set. A friend suggested Kirk plates, even
letting me try one out for a bit, and I was sold. The plates are
solidly, beautifully, machined and in around fifteen years of use I've
never had one fail in any way.

On 10/1/13 2:24 PM, Igor Roshchin wrote:

> I'd like to piggy-back on this thread with two questions:
>
> 1. Doug and Stan gave praises for Kirk plates.
> So, what makes them different (and good)?

<..>