Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
A friend has asked for advice in purchasing a new camera.

She used a  Canon FTb for years.  More recently, she has been using a
digital .  Yes, I know it's a  Canon PowerShot 880.  She finds it
convenient but limited, and it was recently damaged and needs to be
replaced with something a bit better but no too expensive.  She would
like a comera with interchangeable lenses.  She has 2 decent lenses
from her FTb, but I don't think they would work on newer digital
Canons.  Rechargeable batteries are preferable to the ones that use
and eat up AAs or similar batteries.

Manual focus Canon lenses won't work on digital Canon SLRs, at least not in any sort of user friendly way. Those lenses might work on a u4/3 body with an adapter.

She could probably get an amazing deal on a K-5 II about now, or even a really good deal on a K3. What's her budget?

You can use eneloops or other hybrids in cameras that us AA batteries.

Any suggestions I can pass on?

Dan Matyola

Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)