You really didn't give enough info in some ways. If shooting video is in any way important I wouldn't recommend any Pentax product, but for stills bang the buck right now deal, KEH.com has refurbished K-30s for less than $300.00 add the kit lens for about $60 and she's good to go. B&H has the K-50 in a two lens kit for about $100 more. As for EVIL cameras, I haven't played with any in a while, but a year ago when I looked at Fuji Sony and Olympus/Panasonic cameras I thought that Sony had the best EVF, and the A6000 is the most affordable that still has a viewfinder. If she doesn't need a large lens selection, their kit lenses are supposed to be pretty good, better for Video as well.