On May 19, 2015, at 4:50 AM, Sandy Harris <sandyinch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godd...@me.com> wrote:
>> I've suggested the Olympus Pen E-PL7 to several folks in similar situations
>> so far. All who bought one have reported being very satisfied.
>
> I'd say micro 4/3 is the obvious choice; Olympus and Panasonic each
> have at least half a dozen bodies & a good range of lenses.  Adapters
> for her Canon FD lenses are readily available, from around $10 for
> cheap Chinese (reports I have seen are mixed) up to near $200, e,g.
> https://www.cameraquest.com/adp_micro_43_fd.htm
>
> My pick of bodies, assuming budget will stand it, would be the Pany
> GX7 which is the only Pany with in-body stabilisation.

Having worked with both Panasonic and Olympus bodies extensively, I've settled
on Olympus—and particularly for adapting other system's lenses. I like their
customizability and controls more. I have both E-M10 and E-PL7 now, and both
have terrific in-body IS and in-body JPEG rendering when I choose to use it.
The E-PL7 with VF-4 fitted has a nicer viewfinder than the GX7 to my eye.

But I do like the GX7 body quite a lot. And Panasonic just announced the G7 as
well, if someone likes the Panasonic idiom more and wants a more SLR like
shape. They're all pretty darn good performers. And, depending upon exactly
what camera and lens features the buyer is interested in, there's a body and
lens kit that will suit nearly any desire in this system, from happy snapper to
pro. :-)