On 18/05/2015 12:11 AM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
A friend has asked for advice in purchasing a new camera.

She used a  Canon FTb for years.  More recently, she has been using a
digital .  Yes, I know it's a  Canon PowerShot 880.  She finds it
convenient but limited, and it was recently damaged and needs to be
replaced with something a bit better but no too expensive.  She would
like a comera with interchangeable lenses.  She has 2 decent lenses
from her FTb, but I don't think they would work on newer digital
Canons.  Rechargeable batteries are preferable to the ones that use
and eat up AAs or similar batteries.

Any suggestions I can pass on?

Dan Matyola

If she wants to use her FD lenses with the field of view she is used to, the Sony full frame mirrorless are nice. If she want;s to use her FD lenses, doesn't mind a little extra reach and wants a shooting experience similar to her old FTb, the Fuji X-T1 is nice, the recently announced X-T10 looks nice, though it is definitely a feature downgrade to the X-T1. Those are about her best options for using her old lenses. If she isn't actually that big on using them, then any DSLR system is good these days, obviously I have a Pentax bias.

bill