On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godd...@me.com> wrote:

> I've suggested the Olympus Pen E-PL7 to several folks in similar situations
> so far. All who bought one have reported being very satisfied.
>
> Godfrey

I'd say micro 4/3 is the obvious choice; Olympus and Panasonic each
have at least half a dozen bodies & a good range of lenses.  Adapters
for her Canon FD lenses are readily available, from around $10 for
cheap Chinese (reports I have seen are mixed) up to near $200, e,g.
https://www.cameraquest.com/adp_micro_43_fd.htm

My pick of bodies, assuming budget will stand it, would be the Pany
GX7 which is the only Pany with in-body stabilisation.