A friend from one of my local camera clubs recently acquired the Olympus
OM-D E-M1 and brought it round to show off at our weekly brunch.

I have a lot of trouble focusing using the little TV screen on the back
with most point 'n shoots and mirrorless systems, but his Olympus has a
very nice EVF that zooms & tilts up so you can look down into it if
you're shooting macro close to the ground. Reminiscent of the LX sports
finder.

The little TV screen on the back also tilts & is a touch-screen if you
prefer to use that.

In-body image stabilization.

The real downside is I think the body is expensive, $1299 at B&H. That's
a lot of money for a camera that's going to require me to get all new
lenses, although there may be an adapter from Novoflex for Pentax-K, but
I had trouble navigating their site, so I didn't even try to find out
about older Canon lenses.

If I was starting out NEW with no legacy glass, I'd give the Olympus
serious consideration.