Igor PDML-StR wrote:

>I haven't had any experience with any Rebels recently. My long-term
>impression (starting from film SLRs) is that Rebels are relatively crappy
>cameras that are sold just because they are Canon.
>That's where "do not buy the cheapest in an expensive line" rule applies.

That's no longer true. The "Rebel" badge is now stuck onto some pretty
good cameras. Mind you, the very cheap ones are probably still very
cheap, but it was only the first couple of generations of Rebel DSLRs
that were universally crappy. You can no longer use the Rebel name
itself as a foolproof indicator of flimsy, plastic crap cameras.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com